In the celebration and recognition of Women, we are providing a little island of opportunity for female filmmakers to prove their skills and showcase their work on one of the largest short film featuring platform. The world needs more female filmmakers and here is a chance to prove yourselves.
Here are the rules and regulations you must follow while submitting your film :
1. Submitter should be a female filmmaker who took part in roles such as director, cinematographer, writer, producer, screenplay writer, music director.
2. Submission of Short Films, Feature Films, Documentary Films, Music Videos are allowed for the contest.
3. No time limit.
4. Theme : Anything of your choice. All genres are considered to be eligible for nomination.
4. Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
5. The films must be included with subtitles (unless the spoken language is English or Hindi). Subtitles not necessary for music videos.
6. By submitting a film to the contest, the filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script, and other creative or technical aspects of the film.
7. We do not accept amateur videos, Tiktoks, extremist or propaganda content from religious or political organizations, films involving politics/films promoting political agenda.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE : February 28, 2021
Winner to be announced on March 08, 2021.
1. SUBMISSION PROCESS
Sending an entry to Miniflix Female Filmmaker Challenge implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations, Terms and Conditions.
To submit your film to Miniflix, all entrants are required to provide a HD high-resolution version of the film via YouTube or Vimeo, pay the applicable submissions fee and include a promotional image of your film.
2. REVIEWING PROCESS
Miniflix Female Filmmaker Challenge provides opportunity for female filmmakers and artists demonstrating originality and flair in:
1. Story & Direction
3. Sound Design
5. Production design
Your film is majorly evaluated and rated based on these six aspects.
3. VOTING PROCESS
All shortlisted films in the challenge are featured in a queue to be voted for by users. The filmmaker will be notified when the voting begins.
Based on the joined score of our team's rating and user votes, the highest scoring film will be picked as the champ and wins exciting prize.
1. HOW DO YOU SHOWCASE FILMS ?
All the shortlisted films from the challenge gets embedded on Miniflix through YouTube or Vimeo links provided by makers along with the information of cast and crew.
2. LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION
Last date of submission for 'Miniflix Female Filmmaker Challenge' is February 28, 2021.
3. SUBTITLES NEEDED ?
The films must be included with subtitles (unless the spoken language is English or Hindi). Subtitles are not necessary for a music video.
5. CAN I SUBMIT MUSIC VIDEO ?
Yes. Submission of Short Films, Feature Films, Documentary Films, Music Videos are allowed for the contest.
4. FILM DURATION LIMIT ?
No duration limit.
5. REFUND POLICY ?
You will get a full refund if your film is not featured. Please note that failure to meet the 'Miniflix Female Filmmaker Challenge' criteria would mean that the film will automatically be considered as regular submission which makers use to get their film featured on Miniflix. If it is shortlisted in either of the two categories, refund is not applicable.
6. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIVATE LINKS ?
We accept private links too. For Vimeo links with a password, please add the password next to the link in the form.
7. OWNERSHIP OF FILM ?
If selected, your short film will be featured on the website and will never be removed by us. The makers of the film owns complete copyright of their content. If they opt to remove film from our website, they can write us at
8. WILL I GET NOTIFIED WHETHER MY FILM IS SELECTED OR NOT ?
Yes, you will be notified if your film does not get nominated along with the refund details. However after nomination, only filmmakers who progress to next rounds (Miniflix Female Filmmaker Challenge) will be notified.
9. ANY ADDITIONAL QUERIES ?
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org